Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Another imaginary pub conversation

"The thing about women is, they're always trying to change you."

"Yeah, my wife nags me all the time. Not allowed to do this, not allowed to say that...."

"I know what you mean. Mine's always on at me to listen to her and be more considerate, and to stop making sexist remarks."

"God. What a castrating bitch."

"I got to try but it's bloody hard work. Why should we have to make all the effort?"

"Exactly. It's not as if there's an incentive like a few extra blow-jobs or something. Mine complains about me coming here with you lot but she's driven me to.....Hey! Check it out! Wouldn't mind having a go on her."

"Women aren't fair-ground rides you know. They're human beings."

"Oh shit mate. You're under the thumb."

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh god, you have a knack for these. That was perfect.

6:57 AM  
Blogger jo22 said...

Stormy, when I hear these types of conversation, the total absence of any logic makes me hope I'm imagining it. Sadly, I haven't heard the second to last comment either, except from women "with no sense of humour".

You're right. I haven't been to enough pubs. I shall give up that behaviour for Lent.

1:57 PM  
Blogger sparklematrix said...

Jo - I like your "pub conversations", I've just had one with my brother :-/

Love him to bits...but...aghhh!
Clue: it was about prostitution

11:02 PM  
Blogger jo22 said...

Thanks johanna.

Sparkle: Was it along the lines of, "well if there are women willing to sell sex and men willing to buy it, and everyone's consenting, there's no problem"?

11:51 PM  
Blogger sparklematrix said...

Ack - True and I shit you not! This was in relation to the recent law changes in Scotland where the John will face prosecution and not the prostitute. He said…”but but some men are *denied* sex through no fault of their own” Now this opened up a debate regarding “entitlement” yadda yadda with lots of *eye roll*. He and his partner apparently talked about this into the wee hours and in the morning, they both said they had never thought of prostitution in the fashion of the previous nights Pub Conversation.

Success? Still some work to do oh brother dearest. At least he is open to discussion but dearey me his male privilege does show at times.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Morgan said...

sparklematrix wins!

Any kind of step in the right direction is a very good thing indeed, although the sheer volume of assumptions you have to challenge is pretty overwhelming. Keep it up though - damn!

5:15 AM  
Blogger jo22 said...

How selfish of you Sparkle, trying to change your brother's opinions like that.

Can women please stop trying to control men! It makes us look like nags.

3:19 AM  
Blogger sparklematrix said...

Yay I win! something?

Yes it's 'k nagging him because he's just my little brother.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!